Wednesday, September 25, 2013

A pass along message!

If you received a second letter from SEIU,  use this form letter that was written by a attorney, and send back to the Union and send a copy to Covenant Payroll.


Sept. __, 2013



Secretary-Treasurer

United Service Workers West-SEIU

Northern California HQ

3411 East 12th St., Suite 200

Oakland, CA 94601



Dear Sir:



I am employed by Covenant Aviation Security at SFO, and I am in receipt of your “second notice” dated _______________, 2013. Your notice demands that I sign union membership and dues deduction authorization cards, and pay full membership dues to the union. However, your records should indicate that I am not a member of the union, and that I am already on record as being a Beck objector. If your records do not indicate this, then I will reiterate the following: I have no wish to be a member of the union, and I object to supporting any of the union’s political and nonrepresentational activities, as is my right under the National Labor Relations Act and CWA v. Beck. This objection is permanent and continuing in nature.

I request that you provide me with my procedural rights, including: reduction of my fees to an amount that includes only lawfully chargeable costs; notice of the calculation of that amount, verified by an independent certified public accountant; and notice of the procedure that you have adopted to hold my fees in an interest-bearing escrow account and give me an opportunity to challenge your calculation and have it reviewed by an impartial decision maker. Once you provide me with the appropriate reduced fee amount I will meet all lawful financial core requirements.



Sincerely,



______________________

Signature



_____________________

Name



_____________________

Address



Cc: Covenant Aviation Security HR/Payroll

No comments:

Post a Comment