Monday, February 11, 2013

A response to Stormin Mike from a reader


Well, our bonuses will be based on a statistical sample of the flying public. I believe that CAS management has skipped a step or two. 
It appears that the CAS process is to define a symptom, then punish the screener. I believe someone missed an important step. Someone failed to define the root cause.
I believe that the screeners are just a reflection of CAS managers' customer service skills. After all, the screeners are customers of CAS management. 
I'll give you an example of our general managers skills -- to quote from a memo dated December 12, 2012:  "Those of you who use Facebook to gloat, and encourage this despicable behavior are actually short-sighted." I don't know what he is talking about, but this is a bad start to my day. 
I would call this tantrum aggressive and rude.
In an effort to move towards problem resolution, I'll offer a suggestion. 
Let's take a statistically significant sample of the screening work force. Let them provide relevant feedback concerning management's customer service skills. This report might show the root problem.
For a company that professes to provide "world class customer service" and allegedly places "their highest priority on the well being of their employees", CAS falls woefully short. This type of report might change the attitude of management.  Maybe then they could EARN their exorbitant salaries. 
However, I won't hold my breath. As Mike says, "not everybody likes change." I guess it will be more of the same "do as I say, not as I do" attitude coming from the top.

No comments:

Post a Comment