Saturday, July 30, 2011

Spending our money, Part 2

This came to us in response to the first posting. Did not want this to not be seen by those who frequent our site; so here it is.

http://www.dir.ca.gov/dlse/faq_deductions.htm

"d. Uniforms. If an employer requires that an employee wear a uniform, the employer must pay the cost of the uniform. Labor Code Section 2802,
Industrial Welfare Commission Orders, Section 9. The term "uniform" includes wearing apparel and accessories of distinctive design and color."

I am not a lawyer, but i think Covenant should cough up to pay the cost of our shoes and socks. How dare they are telling us which shoes to buy and over the ankle black/navy socks!

Did CAS management ever read the CA labor code at all?

1 comment:

  1. Think I will go buy a pair of black Gucci dress shoes and have CAS reimburse me, after all CAS is obligated by law to furnish any apparel of distinctive design and color. If they can't provide me a pair of comfortable shoes to me, they ought to reimburse me.

    ReplyDelete